Tuesday 2 June 2015

March (oops) Challenges

Getting behind again!! In March i chose to do the Sassy Scrapper mood board challenge as it worked really well with my eldest daughters favourite colour Orange.

 I found a photo i had been trying to scrap for such a long time and had no no idea how to scrap it. My daughter LOVES to read she is a real book worm and when we bought our new camera and my husband was playing around with it he took this lovely photo of her reading. 

I chose to use my Heidi Swapp products to make this layout surprise surprise!!
Here are the products i have used:
Kaszazz SB Essentials White Cardstock
Heidi Swapp Dreamy Project Life Cards
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Preach, Coral and Blush
Heidi Swapp Color Magic Banners
Heidi Swapp Favorite Collections (180) paper pad papers
Prima Flowers.

I had a little trouble with the paper warping after i used the color shine so ran my background sheet through my laminator to flatten it out which help a little but didn't get rid of the warping totally.
I chose matching cards and papers and fiddled with the placement around the photo until i was happy. I then added some flowers and the color magic banner which i tried to get an ombre effect on with blush and coral color shines but didn't really accomplish it (it still looked pretty).

I didn't get it quite finished in time to add to the gallery as i had a few goes at getting the photo to print, I think it took 3 visits to the photo lab before i actually got it and some how it printed it twice!! My solution to this was to cut out my daughter from the photo and puffy tape it on top of the photo in a 3D effect.

I also completed the Scrapbook Challenges sketch 431 but have replaced the layout some where so that one will have to miss out.

 In my next post i will share all the projects i finished at a retreat we went to during International Scrapbooking month. See you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment